Tuesday 4 February 2014

Dentaid visit to collect my surgery

On Friday I visited Rob and the team at Dentaid HQ to collect my Dentaid Box. I say box, but they have developed a 'rucksack' to allow easier portability of the unit, an enormous wheelie bin being a bit cumbersome. I don't think that I'd want to walk miles carrying it, but certainly easier to handle than a wheelie bin, I just hope they'll let it on the aeroplane! The engineers have also developed and improved some of the other equipment. The solar powered suction was proving to be a bit delicate, the electronics suffered with rough handling and where not easy to repair in the field. So we now have a hand powered suction, which can also be converted to blow dry air to dry a cavity, and a hand held irrigation device. Thanks to Rob, Tony, Jacqueline and Gerry for all they do.

Thanks also toAnne I, Liz I, Mark S and Roger from RBS for their kind donations.




No comments:

Post a Comment